Anyone who lives alone in Pocono Township may sign up to participate in a special security program. The Community Policy We Care program is designed to provide added personal security to the elderly, disabled or ill, who live alone.
The Pocono Township Police Department will maintain a list of the individuals, emergency numbers, contact persons, key holders and other information. Each day between 9:00AM and 11:00AM the participating person is to call the Police Department and check-in so that the Police know everything is fine and they are well. If no call is received by 11:00AM, the Police will call them. If no response is obtained, an officer will be dispatched to the residence to check on their well-being.
Instructions for participating in the program area as follows:
- Get an application from the Pocono Township Police Headquarters.
- Complete the application in full. Give as much detail as possible. Make sure directions to your residence are clear.
- Print your name and date, and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement.
- Return application to:
Pocono Township Police Department
110 Township Drive
Tannersville, PA 18372
When the application is received by the police department, it will be processed, and a telephone call made to you letting you know if the application is completed correctly. If it is completed correctly, your check-in will start.
- When you receive the telephone call that your check-in will start, you must telephone the Police Department at 570-629-7323 between 9:00Am and 11:00AM everyday (EXCEPT SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS).
- If you will be going on vacation or leaving for any length of time, you will be required to check in and let us know the length of absence from your residence.