Police Officer Position(s) Posted: 12/20/2017
Municipal Police Officer: Full Time Position(s)
Pocono Township Police Department is currently accepting applications, ACT 120 certified applicants only, to establish a hiring eligibility list. The list will be for full time employment. The test will be given on Saturday, February 24, 2018. Registration begins at 8:00 am to 8:45 am at Northampton Community College Pocono Hall, Room 108. Anyone interested in applying may download our Application Packet or can be picked up at the Pocono Township Municipal Building at 112 Township Drive, Tannersville, PA - Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:00 pm. Please submit your application, along with a $50.00 non-refundable check or money order payable to Pocono Township, no later than 4:00 pm on February 2, 2018. Applications will NOT be accepted after 4:00 pm on February 2, 2018.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Possess a high school or general equivalency diploma.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license at time of appointment
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- Be able to speak, write and read the English language.
- Possess Act 120 certification at time of employment.
- Must meet all Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission required background, physical and psychological standards
Salary and Benefits
- $51,700 as a Probationary Employee
- Base Salary - Patrol officer is at $71,860 plus longevity pay
- Vacation Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Time, Comp. Time, 13 paid holidays, Life Insurance Coverage, Competitive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision.
Contact Information:Sgt Shawn GoucherPocono Township Police Department110 Township Drive – Tannersville, PA 18372570-629-7200 ext.234