Pocono Township has a Fireworks Ordinance that limits the use of consumer fireworks in the Township. To review the entire ordinance, please click here.
Specifically, residents and visitors alike should be aware of the following:
- Consumer fireworks cannot be ignited or discharged in the Township, except during the following holidays, dates and times:
Memorial Day: 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
July 4: 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Labor Day: 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
December 31: 4:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
January 1: 12:00 midnight to 1:00 a.m.
- A person shall not intentionally ignite or discharge:
- Consumer fireworks on public or private property cannot be discharged without the express permission of the owner.
- Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices within or throw Consumer Fireworks from a motor vehicle or building.
- Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices into or at a motor vehicle or building or another person.
- Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
- Consumer fireworks within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
NO public displays of fireworks within the limits of Pocono Township can occur unless a permit is first granted by the Board of Commissioners.